Most churches advocate life and discourage women from getting abortions, but once a brave and courageous girl chooses life, a lot of times the church then steps away and has nothing to offer her for support at that point. She is then left with nine months of being scared, worried and feeling alone. She journeys into a season of being a single mom without direction and guidance from a spiritual family. This is where the Body of Christ can minister to women who are desperately searching for a Savior. This is where we can speak into their lives and hearts that will have an impact for generations to come!
click here to learn more about Embrace Grace.
click here to visit Central Church's Embrace Grace Facebook.
The Bethel Series
The Bethel Series offers an excellent tool to enhance the biblical literacy within Christian congregations. The study uses a historical approach to the Hebrew-Christian heritage of faith with an overview of the Old and New Testaments. Hermeneutics, the study of the Scriptures in the context of the period in which they were written, brings a new understanding of the biblical narrative.
New classes begin in September, every other year. Keep an eye out in the bulletin and messenger for more details.
The Edge Self Defense/ Martial Arts
Wednesdays 5:30 – 6:30 p.m, Central Church Gym
No Cost For Classes Age 10 and Above.
New Students Welcome Anytime.
Contact Mark Byrnes, 539-6376
Everyday Women is a gathering of women of all ages who meet weekly for in-depth Bible study and small group fellowship. There is a Wednesday evening group and a Friday morning group.
Beginning Wednesday, September 13 at 6:30, or Friday, September 15, at 9 am. This fall they have chosen: 1 Peter: A Living Hope in Christ, by Jen Wilkin. This study focuses on learning to look beyond our current circumstances and onward to our future inheritance! We are one in Christ! If you want more information on the study you can check it out here.
Men After God
James, Living a Life of Faith
This 6 week, in-depth, yet highly interactive, verse-by-verse study of the book of James is intended to be used by men who are interested in digging deeply into God's Word. These studies uniquely present the powerful pages of James in language that can be easily understood and applied as we face suffering, temptation, guilt, favoritism, conflict, gossip, fear, doubt, and much more.
- How we view trials and respond to them determines what God can do in, and through us.
- Our faith must be sincere and active, or it will be found dormant and useless.
- Partiality has no place in Christ’s church, and therefore should have no place in the Christian life.
- The tongue reflects what is in the heart – it can be a source of conflict and strife, or peace and gentle wisdom.
- Your perspective on trials, suffering, and temptation will be challenged.
- You will begin to view all you do, say, and believe through the lens of Scripture, versus tradition or opinion.
- You will be encouraged to see yourself and others through the light of God’s grace rather than the lies of the enemy.
- You will be inspired to live an actively passionate life for the God you were created to glorify!
On Thursday mornings from 7:30-9:00 am men from all over the community gather for breakfast and Bible study. There are about 10 different churches represented. You won’t find a better breakfast in town or anywhere for $3! Every week the kitchen crew serves up a fabulous breakfast at 7:30 am. and men gather around tables for fellowship, sharing and laughter as they eat. Then at 8:00 am Ron Almberg leads the men in an in-depth, verse-by-verse Bible study that involves questions and discussions to bring practical application that help men become partners with God in His work of transforming the world. All men are invited to join us as we build relationships with God and other men that encourage us in our faith.